This book gives an in-depth insight into the philosophical, political and technological aspects of decision making using the internet and the "secrets" of LiquidFeedback, a computer software designed to empower organizations to make democratic decisions independent of physical assemblies, giving every member of the organization an equal opportunity to participate in the democratic process.
The inventors of LiquidFeedback explain the principles and rules of procedure developed for LiquidFeedback providing the key features for democratic self-organization. They give a theoretical background about collective decision making and answers to practical questions. This is a must-read for anybody planning to make online decisions or to build online decision platforms and is also interesting for anybody interested in the future of democracy in the digital age.
More than 200 pages, including:
- detailed descriptions of the concepts of Liquid Democracy
- explanation of the structured discussion process in LiquidFeedback, including:
- the collective moderation system
- protection of minorities and the problem of "noisy minorities"
- preferential voting
- reasons for the design principles of LiquidFeedback
- real-world integration into existing democratic systems
- analysis of the verifiability of voting systems
- glossary and an extensive index
- bibliographic references
- more than 20 illustrations
Order at bookstores world wide with the ISBN 978-3-00-044795-2 (9783000447952) or online now:
Certified bookstores order by mail at E-mail (before the @ sign): "principles2014", (after the @ sign): "liquidfeedback.org"
(usual retail discount applies, suggested retail price is € 30.00, further conditions apply).